Cascade ActionPacs, Dishwasher Detergent |

 **Update to my review**
Someone in the comments to my review suggested vinegar to help with cloudiness, so I ran an empty dishwasher load with 2 cups vinegar in it, then filled the rinse aid dispenser with vinegar. This seems to prevent cloudiness from occurring on new glasses, but hasn't yet removed the cloudiness that DID happen on my older glasses. I've found that my water is indeed very hard with lots of minerals. Taking the vinegar tip one step further, I took the nastiest, most clouded clear glass short tumbler we had and put it in a 4 cup measuring plastic cup, then filled it with distilled white vinegar. This way, the tumbler was surrounded inside and out with vinegar. I let it sit for an hour, then pulled the tumbler out and gave it a quick scrub with a scrubbie sponge, then rinsed it. The tumbler looks like new, no trace of white cloudiness. YEAH! I keep a big bottle of vinegar just for cleaning, so I pour the vinegar back into the bottle so I'm not wasting a lot just to clean a tumbler or two.

**Original review**
Hate to be the naysayer here, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing the Cascade Complete All in 1 pacs unless they redo the phosphate free formula. I've used 30 of the 48 pacs in my container, so I really did give it a chance. It does clean the dishes well, but leaves a film on the dishes, most noticeable on the clear dishes. I have both regular glasses and clear polycarbonate tumblers that quickly developed a cloudy film when I started using these Cascade pacs (previously, I'd been using Kirkland's dishwasher gel, the kind that had loads of phosphates, but we ran out of our supply). The cloudy film cannot be scrubbed off. We're on city water, it isn't very hard water, nor is it very soft water. Middle of the road water. And this film isn't etching, I'm sure of it, it's just a... cloudiness.

My main problem with the cloudy film is yeah, I could live with it, but I'd hate to offer a guest or visiting family one of these cloudy glasses and have them think the glass is dirty. The glasses are clean, but they just look awful. I've tried adding JetDry even though the pacs supposedly already contain a rinse aid, but this didn't help. Consumer Reports rates these pacs as one of the best of the phosphate free dishwasher detergents, so maybe the cloudiness is just something I'll have to learn to live with.  Read More..