Sleep Innovations 2-Inch Memory Foam Queen Mattress Topper | I do not sleep well, at all. I get maybe 2-3 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. 5 TOPS but that's pretty rare. I don't have kids, not married, no pets. Just me. I do have persistent pain due to a hip issue, and I live next to a very busy street - so that plus some worrying keeps me up.
-
I wondered if this thing would help. Now, my bed was not cheap - I spent $1,700 a few years back buying a real nice mattress and box spring. I'm not that happy with it, only because I don't sleep well anyhow. It's a nice mattress - has a pillow-top thing attached and overall it feels nice. But I still don't sleep well. I wondered if this thing would help in any way. It kind of does!
-
This thing arrives rolled up real tight and packed in a tarp-like cover. You have to cut this off, without damaging the foam. I recommend using a scissors, but don't cut: If your scissors (or knife) are sharp enough, then pulling with one hand while gently pushing the blade along the cut will make the tarp/cover snap open bit by bit, without the risk of slicing the foam.
-
This thing is like a monster: I swear it's alive. Within a couple minutes it had expanded to it's full size. It even feels alive - or feels weird. It's tacky and it's like grabbing silly putty. But it's cool. Anyhow it expanded to full size which is just a tad longer than my queen mattress.
-
Now, this thing comes with a mattress cover / zipper bag that you have to put this thing into. The directions aren't the best so let me explain: BEFORE you open the mattress pad itself, open the small bag containing the zipper case. This cover/zipper case thing is like a giant zipper bag with a fitted sheet attached to it. You know the mattress cover you already have? Well, imagine a big zipper-bag all the way around it on top. When you get this thing - open this thing up FIRST and use the fitted-sheet-part and get that on your mattress. Open up the zipper-bag and THEN open the mattress topper on TOP of that. Once the mattress topper has expanded, you can easily flip over the top cover of the zipper bag and zip it up. I opened the pad first then had to shove/move it aside as I had to attach this thing first. Once your pad is in place, then you can cover it with your normal mattress pad and sheets, etc.

-
How does it feel? Great! I thought I'd sink in way too much - I mean it's only 2 inches. But it feels AWESOME. It coddles you but not TOO MUCH - you don't SINK deeply into it so much as sort of gently get caressed by this thing. It's nice. I like it because it supports me, and keeps me aligned when lying sideways with the pillow - I feel that my spine is straight.
-
Now, the big question you're asking: Did you sleep better? YES. I did. I managed to get a couple hours more rest in than I did the night before. I really do like this thing. I wish they made camping mattresses made of this - you know the kind? A foam core in a self-inflatable thing? Guys - if you're reading this - I get credit for that idea!!!
-
I'll update this review as time goes on, to see if this thing holds up. My main concern is that over time, the area where I normally sleep will become thinner and padded down. But for now - I think it's just great! Read more →