Belkin Pivot-Plug Surge ProtectorsI bought 2 of these at full price because of the great design and I thought it was very well thought out since the outlets are able to pivot. I thought I'd never need another power strip again after buying 2 of these since they can handle so many things being plugged in at once. 

Within 1 month the problem started and unfortunately it is a big problem. The units would start turning off by themselves! The first few times I thought it was a short power outage in my area. 


I have used a lot of power strips and I have never had any problem with any before so I never thought it was the power strip that was the problem. When I realized it was not my homes power I felt ripped off. It got to the point where as soon as you pushed down on the power button it would start making clicking sounds and turn off by it's self. The power strips turning off on my work computers coast me a lot of time and money. 

I contacted the company and they sent another batch of them instead telling me it would not happen again and that mine were just defective. They would not refund my money and only sent more to me. The next set of them had the same problem within a month and now I'm writing this review to warn people it's not just a few that are defective and it is all of them. 

There are a lot of positive reviews about Belkin Pivot-Plug Surge Protectors, but they all must only be from people that don't touch the power button often and just leave it on all the time. The more you push down the power button to turn on the power the more chance my situation will happen to you. 

I recommend a product with a flip switch instead of a button that may have faulty springs under the power switch or whatever is causing the problem I have experienced. Read more →