Toshiba Satellite P755-S5274 15.6-Inch | Bear with me here folks, I'm still trying to pull together my thoughts on my brand new laptop here, consider my review a "first draft". :)


Received this laptop "Toshiba Satellite P755-S5274" early this morning. My first impression is pretty good, but I've only been with it for a few hours thus far. I've surfed around online some, streamed some HD video, played a couple games, and removed a ton of bloatware.

Was a little worried at first, because the first boot-up took quite awhile, but once I removed some bloatware, shut down, and booted up again, it's ready to go within 20-30 seconds. After running it for 2 hours straight, mostly surfing around online, it's not hot enough to even call it warm, so it should be good about keeping cool. The fan seems to come on pretty often, but it's not very loud, it's mostly just the sound of air moving in and out. Wireless internet seems to work perfectly, and I easily connected to my network.

I actually quite like the touchpad on it, which is strange for me to say, because I'm picky about touchpads. I think it works well, and it's slightly textured, but not overly so. The keyboard seems nicely built for a laptop too.

I don't own much in the name of games, but I've played some Sim City 4 and The Sims 2 on high settings without any hiccups. HD video streamed smoothly as well.

Only issues I've had thus far?

-AOL Instant Messenger. For whatever reason, it won't work with the audio on this Toshiba Satellite P755-S5274. If the program tries to make a sound, it will freeze up. Disabling sounds on the program fixed it.

-Battery meter doesn't seem right. I looked at the battery meter often, last I saw... it read 1 hour and 13 minutes left. Not more than 10 minutes later, it died. There was no warning, and I almost had a stroke thinking that the laptop itself died.

-Webcam circa 1999? Seriously, it's pretty bad. I don't care though.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my purchase. I'll be updating this review once I spend more time with it and finish getting my thoughts together. Read more →