Lexar JumpDrive S50 32 GB USB flash drive | I know, I know, 32 GB of space in something the size of a pink eraser is amazing. I have a 32 GB SD card too, even smaller. My first hard drive was 20 MB.

But my my first hard drive was a lot faster. I think.

Speed tests show that this drive has a 1 to 3 MB/sec write speed, but nearly a 25 MB/sec read speed. So that means if you use your thumb drive to move data around. Like pictures at your aunts house to take home. Or your friends digital "entertainment" collection to move to your own computer, if you do anything that requires filling the thumb drive and then moving that data off of it...

Then move on and skip this thing, it's a real turd. Better off with a SD card.

If, however, you are going to put something on it and never take it off. Like linux on a USB stick, or if you are archiving something to it that you don't care a lot about, go ahead and get it. 25MB/sec is really pretty good to read from.

But really, this is the worst performing USB (Lexar JumpDrive S50 32 GB USB) key I've used. I won't be buying another Lexar ever. My horrible little Kinsington (they made it so big I can't use the 2nd USB slot) has 3 times the write speed, almost the same read speed, but cost 8 bucks! Read more →