Around April of this year, I was thinking of purchasing the Kindle DX, Free 3G, 3G Works Globally. I'm a first year medical student, so I wanted a reader with a BIG SCREEN- something I can not only read fiction out of, but can also store PDF FILES in.

However, at 379 dollars, I found the DX EXPENSIVE. Tablets were on a boom and I figured that I might as well spend a bit more for a gadget that isn't just a reader but includes games, internet capability, document editing, etc. That and I was waiting for the DX to get its UPDATE, like the Kindle Keyboards had so many FEATURES THE DX SHOULD HAVE HAD. With no sign of an update or price drop, I purchased a Xoom instead.

If any of you really just want to read more often than not, then GET THE Kindle DX, Free 3G, 3G Works Globally. Long story short, I SOLD MY XOOM in September. Reading through tablet screens just wasn't for me. My eyes would strain quickly. (And I realized that I brought my laptop around more than my tablet because the latter has its restraints when compared to laptops).

I purchased the DX during the Staples sale during the first week of October (at 279 dollars plus tax). Since before April I've been checking the Amazon page constantly, hoping that the DX would be changed or get updates. I feel like Amazon misunderstood the lack of demand for the Kindle DX, Free 3G, 3G Works Globally. It wasn't really because bigger screens are hardly in demand. To me, it was simply the fact that the DX was so EXPENSIVE compared to the Keyboard, and its FEATURES were so BEHIND. I, possibly along with others, was simply waiting for a new DX, or for an update in the same level as the other Kindles, so that my expenses would definitely be worth it. When the Fires were announced, I figured that a new DX was unlikely, so I got the DX and hoped that Amazon would just update it in 2012.