Logitech Wireless Combo Mk 520

Packing box contains:

Wireless keyboard with batteries 
Wireless laser mouse with batteries 
Wireless receiver dongle 
USB extension cable with dongle bay 
Instruction manual 
Generous packing materials

Personal Experience:

I purchased this for a home theater computer at an operating distance of about 20 feet. 
Installation was a snap. No software to load, no hiccups, no frustration...true plug and play.

Mouse and keyboard input are recognized 99% of the time without any lag, but for the scant 1% input is not, could pose a problem for online game players. However to be fair, a true online gamer would have different controls, and likely a different box. For my personal application, the Logitech Mk 520 was a perfect solution. Both the keyboard and mouse have on/off switches to conserve battery life. Both keyboard and mouse require (supplied) AA batteries in pairs. 

The keyboard size is standard desktop dimensions, has a pleasingly quiet tactical feel, contains enough function keys to please most any user. The numeric keypad is separate and logical. 

Some items to keep in mind when using this keyboard in low ambient lighting:

Caps Lock key has LED indicator on key, Number Lock key does not. 
Keyboard has no back light or illumination.

Observations:

I have found that when the keyboard and mouse are in direct line of sight of receiver the functions are spot on. Should the keyboard be placed at a 60 degree or greater angle you may encounter lag or loss of input entirely depending on angle.

I can use the keyboard with my left hand while simultaneously using the mouse with my right hand which is convenient for alpha numeric input while filling in context sensitive forms. Placing the keyboard to my left on a sofa pillow and using the mouse on a laptop lap board works well for me. When I am done I can turn off both keyboard and mouse, place them on the board and slide them under my sofa out of sight. 

Conclusion:

Overall the Logitech Mk 520 Combo serve my needs expertly. .. Read more →